Saturday, February 17, 2007

Me, Myself & Eyes

At times the world is too much to bear.
The looky looky eyes that dare to stare.

People thinking your thoughts, believing to know what's not.
Are they just jealous of something you've got?

Can't I just smile a smile and laugh a laugh
without someone wondering what I meant by that.

Can't I just scream a scream and cry a cry
without someone looking over their shoulder as they pass by.

Can't I just live a life and die a death
without someone judging me under their breath.

Oh God give me the strength to keep this fight.
The whispers are loud and are testing my might.

Strangers are watching and making up minds.
The rumors are harsh and are never kind.

At times the world is too much to bear
I pretend I'm not bothered, but really...I care.

- aL 1996